Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
It is very normal to have dehydration due to excessive sweating in summer. This causes various problems in controlling the body temperature. With the increase in body temperature in extreme heat, heat stroke occurs in the form of dizziness, increased heart rate, weakness, etc. Without proper treatment and cure for this problem, there is a risk of damage to the brain and body. Children and adults are more likely to have heat stroke, but everyone needs to be careful.
Some special changes in diet are required to prevent heatstroke in summer. E.g.-
1. Eat at least 10-12 glasses or two and a half to three liters daily. If there is enough water in the body, even if you sweat, dehydration will not be a problem. If you do not want to drink plain water, you can mix a little lemon juice, cumin or mint leaves in it. It is not advisable to have coffee or cold drink instead of water. This type of drink does no good to the body. Instead, the excess sugar in it can cause various problems.
2. Lettuce, cucumber, watermelon, pineapple, orange, musambi and mint are ideal for heating. It is low in calories as well as sodium. These foods also contain enough potassium, vitamin C, A and anti-oxidants to help quench thirst. It also provides the necessary elements of the body.
3. You can have a glass of fruit juice or other green vegetable juice (coriander, mint, curry leaves, spinach) every day. You can mix a little bit of salt in it to enhance the taste. When you go out on the street, you can eat coconut water, lemon water without sugar, lachchi etc. instead of soft drinks.
4. Include adequate amounts of complex carbohydrates in your diet. Eating more refined foods increases the amount of sugar in the blood which also increases the chances of heat stroke.
5. Include adequate amounts of protein and healthy fats in your diet every day. Regularly eat egg whites, pickles, pulses, sprouts, olive oil and nuts.
6. Onions are very useful to keep the body cool on hot days. You can eat more onions. It will also save you from heatstroke. However, instead of cooking, you will get more benefits by eating raw onions.
7. Keep food as light, nutritious and less oily as possible. Avoid grilling, red meat, thick gravy, coffee, alcohol, cigarettes and overnight meals as much as possible.
8. Eat more cinnamon, garlic, black pepper, dried fruit, tokadai, raw mango etc. instead of ghee.